An old tile-hung cottage pub hidden away on a narrow back lane in the Kent countryside close to the romantic moated manor house of Ightham Mote. It was first licensed as an alehouse in the mid-19th century, but did not acquire a full licence until 1953. The inn sign has long gone.
The unspoilt interior qualifies for a full entry on CAMRA’s National Inventory, and comprises a large public bar to the left of the entrance door, with an impressive inglenook fireplace and a wood block floor, and a smaller parlour to the right.
Another example of those unspoilt, genteel, wet-led rural or urban fringe pubs that are still found here and there in the South of England, but are pretty much entirely unknown in the North.